After you have downloaded the .zip file from your host and unzipped it, the following folders will be revealed:
- Theme package
The package folder includes parent and child themes:
It really doesn’t matter at all which one of these techniques you want to use, so choose the one which seems to make more sense to you.
- If you would like to install the theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- Extract the wp.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named theme.zip
- Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website root directory
- Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted theme wp folder to the themes directory on your remote server
- For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Click on Choose File and select theme theme.zip
- Click on Install Now
- After successful installation click on Activate or proceed to Appearance > Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
- After the theme’s activation you will be prompted to install requer plugins.
- You may see this video for more details Theme install video