X Blog pro - Pure WordPress Blog Theme
X Blog pro documentation
- created: 10/01/2019
- latest update: 10/01/2019
- by: Wptheme space
Thank you for purchasing my theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to contact us via wpthemespace Support forum. Thanks so much!
Requirement for X Blog pro
The Theme can only be used with WordPress and we assume that you already have WordPress installed. If not, you may find this link useful: her
- You are running WordPress 4.8 or higher
- Your PHP version should be 5.6 or higher
- PHP configuration limits: max_execution_time 300
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Unpacking the theme
After you have downloaded the .zip file from ThemeForest and unzipped it, the following folders will be revealed:
- Theme package
The package folder includes parent and child themes:
After downloading a Theme installation files from ThemeForest, extract it and in the extracted folder locate the X Blog pro.zip and X Blog pro-child-theme files. You can then install your theme using one of two methods described below.
It really doesn’t matter at all which one of these techniques you want to use, so choose the one which seems to make more sense to you.
- FTP upload:
- If you would like to install the theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- Extract the wp.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named X Blog pro.zip
- Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website’s root directory
- Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted theme wp folder to the themes directory on your remote server
- WordPress upload:
- For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Click on Choose File and select theme X Blog pro.zip
- Click on Install Now
- After successful installation click on Activate or proceed to Appearance > Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
- After the theme's activation you will be prompted to install requer plugins.
- You may see this video for more details Theme install video
In order to make the theme look exactly the same as on demo page you will need to install the recommended plugins. Click on Begin installing plugins link:
You will be redirected to plugins installation page. Check all listed plugins, select Install option and click on Apply button. Installation may take a few minutes:
The success message appears after plugins successful installation.
Now active all plugin.
Importing Demo ContentAfter activating the theme, there'll be required plugin listed at the top ( if there aren't, you can go to 'Appearance > Install Plugins' section as well ).
Try installing and activating these following plugins ( as it effects the importing process ). You can also install all required plugins at this step as well.
- Xblog Toolkit
- Breadcrumb NavXT
- Contact Form 7
- X instafeed
- WP Ulike
- One click demo import
Follow the steps mentioned on the screen, then, you'll get the site like the demo :)
Setting up menu
Go to 'appearance > menus' to set menus for your site.
Updating the themeThere're no auto update function in our theme, so you have to manually install it again. Try following this steps for this.
- Download the zip file from themeforest again
- Install it to different folder ( or just simply uploading via wordpress dashboard without removing the old one)
- Activating new theme version
- Set the menu to themes location at the 'Appearance > Menu' section.
- Save the theme option once
- Make sure everything is working properly and you can remove the old theme files out
To use child themeIf you don't want to modify the theme files everytime you update the theme, you have to use the child theme to modify the code for this. You can easily use child theme without any changes. Only upload child theme and active the child theme.
Our theme wrap every function with if( !function_exists('some_function') ) command, so if you want to use any function, just declare it in the function.php file of the child theme and it'll overwrite the existing one.
Changing Logo and add site icon
Click customize to get X Blog pro all options
Then click site identity to change logo and site icon.
Now You can upload your logo and site icon by this option. X Blog pro theme Suggested image dimensions: 160 by 50 pixels. You can also crop logo image to fit your site.
Home posts slider
Create Home page slider by post and feature imaegYou can create home posts slider by these setting. You can create slider by category or tag or your selected posts. You can select slider style as your choice. The theme support four different slider sytle.
Feature category section
You can display feature category section in home page by these settings.If you want to set feature categories section in home page then you need to on this section. You need to add category image by edit category in post categories. You can add two, three or four categories as a feature category.
Home feature top section
You can display feature post or popular posts by this section in home page.You can add feature posts by select category or you can show your site popular posts by this section. Alos you can hide this section. You can show feature posts by three different style.
Home feature bottom section
You can display feature post or popular posts by this section in bottom of home page.You can add feature posts by select category or you can show your site popular posts by this section. Alos you can hide this section. You can show feature posts by three different style.
Site header settingsThe Xblog theme supported two different header style. And you can menu set as a sitcky menu or set normal menu. Search and social icons support both menu. You can set menu as your choice.
You can change site color by this settings.The Xblog theme used minimal eye catching color. If you don't like these color you may change as your choice.
You can header image for your site.The Xblog theme supported header image feature. You can add header image as your site design.
Changing the theme all blog by this settings.
1.Blog settingsYou can setup your site all blog by these settings. You can setup blog container, you can setup blog layout, you can add blog heading text and description also you can show/hide blog meta options by these settings. Most important that you can set blog style by blog style setting.
2.Single blog settingsYou can setup your site all single blog by these settings. You can setup single blog container, single post header, add single blog title background image, image overlay, show or hide author bio show hide blog meta, next previous post and many more options.
There are some important settings in this section
1.Preloader and scrollupYou can setup site preloader by these settings. you can show/hide preloader and also you can select preloader style. The theme support four different preloader style.
You can show/hide site scrollup feature.
2.Archive and serarch titleYou can setup Archive and serarch title by these options.
You can add Archive and serarch title background image, overlay, title background, change color and style.
3.Page settingsAll page settings have been given here.
You can set page container, layout, page header style, page header padding, page title background image and color and opacity by this settings.
404 Error page settingsYou can edit text of 404 error page by this customize section.
1. 404 page heading
You can edit or hide title by keep empty text.
2. 404 page description
You can edit or hide description by keep empty text.
3. Display 404 page search field?
Show hide search field by this checkbox.
4. Use custom image for 404 page
If you want to change 404 page default image then active the option and then you will get new image upload option.
How to Update ThemeTo update the theme, You need to login to your Themeforest profile page, click on 'download' tab, then download the theme again. After that,
- After you downloaded file from Themeforest. Do not upload it yet. Extract it!
- You will find 3-4 folders and some files inside. You'll see the file called 'X Blog pro.zip'
- Upload this file through wp backend and activate the theme.
- After that go to 'appearance > menu' and assign menu location again then go to admin panel and click 'save changes'.
- Go to 'Appearance > Plugins', active X Blog pro-toolkit again.
Please also read 'Updating X Blog pro toolkit Plugin' and 'Updating other' if it get updated.
How to update X Blog pro-toolkit Plugins
- Go to 'Appearance > plugin', deactivate X Blog pro-toolkit plugins and delete them. :
- After you delete them, you'll see this message :
Click on 'Begins installing plugins'
- Install them and don't forget to activate too! :
Snippet CodeContact form 7 shortcode : place this shortcode in content form item.